Alien Earth is Megan Lindholm's only sci-fi novel so far. It was first published in 1992 in the US. The human race has destroyed their home planet, but was rescued by an alien race called Arthroplana and has survived on Castor and Pollux, learning to adjust to a new environment where they can make no impact on the ecology of their new home. After thousands of years, John Gen-93-Beta, captain of the Beastship Evangeline, is send on a mission to find out if there's anything left alive on Earth.
- A US paperback the 1st of July 1992 by Bantam Books with ISBN 055329749X. Cover by Oscar Chichoni.
- A UK paperback the 13th of April 1993 by Grafton with ISBN 0586215166. Cover by Mark Salwowski.
- A UK paperback in 2002/2003 by Voyager with ISBN 0586215166 (same as previous). Cover by Mark Salwowski but now features pillars similar to other Megan Lindholm titles published by Voyager. Reprints of this book seem to have been published at least up to and including 2011.
- A Kindle edition the 10th of November 2011 from Collins with ASIN: B005Z4QTPQ
- A French translation Alien Earth from Télémaquee in 2006 with ISBN 9782753300323. Translated by Claudine Richetin. Reprinted by Le Livre de Poche in March 2008 with ISBN 9782253122647, cover art by Manchu.