Ship of Destiny
Ship of Destiny is the third book in the Liveship Traders trilogy. It follows Ship of Magic and The Mad Ship. Chronologically the next book is Fool's Errand and the rest of the Tawny Man trilogy, and the serpents tale then continues in the Rain Wild Chronicles.
- A UK hardcover edition the 6th of March 2000 from HarperCollins/Voyager with ISBN 0002254808. Original price £16.99. Cover art by John Howe.
- A BCA edition CN9176, printed and bound in Germany
- An Australia/New Zealand trade paperback edition the 6th of March 2000 from Voyager with ISBN 0002261677. Howe cover.
- A US hardcover edition in August 2000 from Random House/Bantam Spectra with ISBN 0553103237. Original price $24.95. Cover art Stephen Youll.
- A SFBC book club edition #10635
- A UK paperback edition the 1st of March 2001 from HarperCollins/Voyager with ISBN 9780006498872. Howe covers. Reprints since 2008 use the same ISBN but have new cover art by Jackie Morris.
- A US paperback from Spectra the 27th of November 2001 with ISBN 9780553575651 and the Youll cover.
- A UK trade paperback edition from Harper Voyager in April 2012 with ISBN 9780007459742. Morris cover.
- A US reprint in 2014 with cover art from Didier Graffet. Whether these will use the same ISBN as previous US paperbacks remains to be seen.
- A Kindle edition from Harper Voyager 1st of September 2011 with ASIN: B005JE1K0Q.
- An unabridged US audio book edition from Tantor Media the 23rd of August 2010 with ISBN 9781400164394. Narrated by Anne Flosnik, length 33 hours 30 minutes.
- An unabridged UK audio book edition from HarperCollins the 30th of August 2012 with ASIN: B00943C94E. Narrated by Anne Flosnik, length 33 hours 39 minutes.
For covers of these translations, plase visit Ship of Destiny cover gallery.
- A Bulgarian translation Съдбовният кораб from MBG Books in 2016 in paperback with ISBN 9789542989844, John Howe cover.
- A Czech translation Loď osudu from Fantom Print in 2013 with ISBN 9788073982164.
- A Dutch translation De boeken van de levende schepen: Het bestemde schip the 17 of October 2000 from Meulenhoff with ISBN 9029066733. Covers by John Howe, translated by Erica Feberwee. Reprinted in hardcover in 2012 with ISBN 9789022561782, different cover art.
- A French translation in three parts
- Le Seigneur des trois règnes from Pygmalion the 23rd of October 2006 with ISBN 9782857049920, cover art by Youll, translation by Véronique David-Marescot. Reprinted by J'ai lu in February 2008 with ISBN 9782290004739 and cover art by Vincent Madras and also by France Loisirs with ISBN 9782298003260 and cover art by Gilles Francescano.
- Ombres et Flammes from Pygmalion the 7th of Febrayry 2007 with ISBN 9782756400853, cover art by Youll, translation by Véronique David-Marescot. Reprinted by J'ai lu in April 2008 with ISBN 9782290004746 and cover art by Vincent Madras and also by France Loisirs with ISBN 9782298006070 and cover art by Gilles Francescano.
- Les Marches du trône from Pygmalion the 11th of January 2007 with ISBN 9782756401218, cover art by Youll, translation by Véronique David-Marescot. Reprinted by J'ai lu in February 2009 with ISBN 9782290010846 and cover art by Vincent Madras and also by France Loisirs with ISBN 978-2298011111 and cover art by Gilles Francescano.
- A German translation in two parts from Blanvalet in 2001, translated by Wolfgang Thon. I haven't been able to find any reprints by Impressione for these volumes.
- A German translation Die Zauberschiffe 5+6 combining the two titles above, from Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag in January 2008 with ISBN 9783442244874.
- A Greek translation in two parts from Anubis is 2004 with John Howe's cover art
- A Hebrew translation ספינת הגורל by Astrolog in 2005.
- A Hungarian translation A végzet hajója from Delta Vision in 2014 in two parts, cover art by John Howe. First part ISBN 6155314957, second part ISBN 6155314964. Translated by Béla Csaba Varga.
- An Italian translation La nave del destino from Fanucci in 2009 with ISBN 9788834714690.
- A Polish translation Statek przeznaczenia in two parts from MAG in 2007 with ISBN 9788374800549 and ISBN 9788374800556 respectively. Cover art by Youll.
- A Russian translation in hardcover in 2005 in two parts
- A Russian translation Корабль Судьбы (both parts above) in hardcover in 2007 with ISBN 9785699238163 and Youll's art on pink frames.
- A Spanish translation Las naves del destino from La Factoría de Ideas in 2008 with ISBN 9788498003697 and cover art by John Howe, reprinted in 2012 with ISBN 9788498008036 and cover art by Jackie Morris.
- A Swedish translation Handelsmännen och de magiska skeppen: Ödets skepp from Natur och Kultur in 2002 in hardback with Stephen Youll's cover art, translated by Lena Karlin, ISBN 9789127085145. Reprinted in paperback in 2003 with ISBN 9789127096981.