Ship of Magic
Ship of Magic is the first book in the Liveship Traders trilogy.
- A UK hardback edition from Voyager in 1998 with cover art by John Howe and ISBN 0002254786. Original price £16.99.
- A book club edition in hardcover in May 1998 CN4150, £9.99, cover by John Howe.
- A US hardback edition from Bantam Spectra in 1998 with cover art by Stephen Youll and ISBN 0553103245. Original price $23.95.
- Bantam, Book Club Edition in hardcover in 1998 1121121349.
- SFBC #14132 in June-July 1998, hardcover $11.50, cover by Stephen Youll. (these two are possibly the same?)
- An Australia/New Zealand trade paperback edition from HarperCollins in June 1998 with ISBN 0002256738 cover by John Howe.
- A US paperback edition from Bantam Spectra in February 1999 with ISBN 0553575635 with the Youll cover.
- A UK paperback edition from HarperCollins Voyager the 1st of March 1999 with ISBN 000649885X with the Howe cover. Reprints use cover art by Jackie Morris since 2008.
- A "turtleback" library binding in January 2001 by Demco Media with ISBN 9780606192903.
- A UK trade paperback from Harper Voyager in April 2012 with ISBN 9780007459728 and the Morris cover.
- A US reprint in 2014 with cover art from Didier Graffet. Whether it uses the ISBN of previous US paperbacks is not yet known.
- A Kindle edition by Harper Voyager the 1st of September 2011 with ASIN: B005JE1JWK.
- An unabridged US audio book edition from Tantor the 22nd of February 2010 with ISBN 9781400164370. Narrated by Anne Flosnik, length 35 hours 30 minutes.
- An unabridged UK audio book edition from HarperCollins the 29th of August 2012 with ASIN: B0093URKEM. Narrated by Anne Flosnik, length 35 hours 19 minutes.
For covers of these translations, plase visit Ship of Magic cover gallery.
- A Czech translation Magická loď in 2012 from Fantom print in hardcover with ISBN 9788073981730. Translated by Jan Kozák, cover art by Jan Patrik Krásný.
- A Dutch translation De boeken van de levende schepen: Het magische schip the 16th of July 1999 from Meulenhoff with ISBN 9029059699. Trade paperback, cover by John Howe, translation by Peter Cuijpers. Reprinted in 2012 by Boekerij with new cover and ISBN 9789022561768.
- An Estonian translation Võlulaev from Varrak in 2013 in two parts. Hardcover, translated by Sash Uusjärv, cover art by John Howe. First part ISBN 9789985327210, second part ISBN 9789985328194.
- A French translation in three parts from Pygmalion in trade paperback, translated by Arnaud Mousnier-Lompré. The Pygmalion editions are also available for Kindle.
- Le Vaisseau Magique from Piment in 2002 with ISBN 9782744152320 and cover art by Kopik. Reprinted by J'ai lu in 2003 with ISBN 9782290325711 and cover art by Mathias Bonnard, and Pygmalion in 2004 with ISBN 9782857047087 and cover art by Stephen Youll.
- Le navire aux esclaves from Piment in 2002 with ISBN 2744155608 and cover art by Kopik. Reprinted by J'ai lu in 2004 with ISBN 9782290337059 and cover art by Mathias Bonnard, and Pygmalion in 2004 with ISBN 9782857047292 and cover art by Stephen Youll.
- La conquête de la liberté from Piment/France Loisirs in 2003 with 9782744161001 and cover art by Olivier Frot. Reprinted by J'ai lu in 2004 with ISBN 9782290337066 and cover art by Mathias Bonnard, and Pygmalion in 2004 with ISBN 9782857047643 and cover art by Stephen Youll.
- A French translation Les Aventuriers de la mer : Coffret en 3 volumes combining the three titles above from from J' ai lu in October 2006 with 9782277612971. Cover art by Mathias Bonnard.
- A German translation in two parts
- Der Ring der Händler from Blanvalet the 1st of December 1999 with ISBN 9783442249206 and translated by Wolfgang Thon, reprinted by Impressione the 10th of September 2001 with ISBN 9783894801588.
- Viviaces Erwachen from Blanvalet in 2000 with ISBN 9783442249213 and translated by Wolfgang Thon. I haven't found info or the cover for an Impressione reprint although they exist for the rest of the series?
- A German translation Die Zauberschiffe 1+2 combining the two titles above from Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag the 12th of February 2007 with ISBN 9783442244393.
- An unabridged German audiobook in two parts
- Der Ring der Händler (Die Zauberschiffe 1) from Ronin - Hörverlag the 1st of December 2016 with ASIN B01N42EYA7. Narrated by Matthias Lühn, length 16 hours and 7 minutes.
- Viviaces Erwachen (Die Zauberschiffe 2) from Ronin - Hörverlag the 1st of January 2017 with ASIN B01N6J6RAB. Narrated by Matthias Lühn, length 20 hours and 15 minutes.
- A Greek translation in two parts
- A Hebrew translation ספינת קסם by Astrolog in 2004 in trade paperback.
- A Hungarian translation to be published in two parts from Szukits Könyvkiadó, translated by Norbert Horváth. First part Bûvös hajó was published in 2003 with ISBN 9639441759 and cover by art János Jantner but it looks like there was no followup.
- A Hungarian translation Bûvös hajó in 2013 from Delta Vision in two paperback volumes with ISBN 6155161292 and ISBN 6155161308 respectively, cover art by John Howe.
- An Italian translation in two parts, translated by Paola Bruna Cartoceti
- A Polish translation Czarodziejski statek in two parts from Proszynski i S-ka in trade paperback. Covers by Piotr Lukaszewski, translator Ewa Wojtczak. First part the 30th of June 1999 with ISBN 8371804717, the second part the 26th of June 1999 with ISBN 8372553386.
- A Polish translation Czarodziejski statek in two parts in the series "Andrzej Sapkowski Przedstawia" from MAG in 2007. Cover art by Youll, translator Ewa Wojtczak. First part ISBN 9788374800440 and second part ISBN 9788374800457.
- A Russian translation Волшебный корабль in 2003, reprinted in 2007.
- A Spanish translation Las naves de la magia from La Factoría de Ideas in 2006 or 2008 with ISBN ISBN 9788498002133 and cover art by John Howe, reprinted in 2012 with ISBN 9788498004151 and cover art by Jackie Morris.
- A Swedish translation Handelsmännen och de magiska skeppen: Magins skepp in 2000 from Natur och Kultur in hardcover with ISBN 9127079155. Translated by Ylva Spångberg. Reprinted in paperback in June 2002 with ISBN 9127085023.