Amazons! is an anthology edited by Jessica Amanda Salmonson first published in 1979. It features cover art and frontispiece art by Michael Whelan. The anthology won the 1980 World Fantasy Award for Best Collection  and was followed by a second volume, Amazons II in 1982. Amazons! was the first commercial publication to feature a Megan Lindholm story, the Ki and Vandien short Bones for Dulath.
- Amazons by Melanie Kaye (poem)
- Introduction: Our Amazon Heritage by Jessica Amanda Salmonson
- The Dreamstone by C. J. Cherryh
- Wolves of Nakesht by Janrae Frank
- Woman of the White Waste by T. J. Morgan
- T'he Death of Augusta by Emily Brontë edited by Joanna Russ (poem)
- Morrien's Bitch by Janet Fox
- Agbewe's Sword by Charles R. Saunders
- Jane Saint's Travails (Part One) by Josephine Saxton
- The Sorrows of Witches by Margaret St. Clair
- Falcon Blood by Andre Norton
- The Rape Patrol by Michele Belling
- Bones for Dulath by Megan Lindholm
- Northern Chess by Tanith Lee
- The Woman Who Loved the Moon by Elizabeth A. Lynn
- Additional Reading an essay by Jessica Amanda Salmonson and Susan Wood
- a US paperback edition from DAW Books in December 1979 with ISBN 0879975032, #364 in DAW Collectors series.
- a Canadian edition around the same time and with the same ISBN from DAW Books / New American Library of Canada
- a later reprint, possibly 1984? with ISBN 0879979704. There is a later reprint with a black font instead of white and "World Fantasy Award winning anthology" printed above the title. These could be the same.
- Dutch translation in 1982 from Gradivus SF with the title Amazone (cover and spine title) or Amazones (title page). ISBN 9063175639 (paperback), translated by Rie Neehus.
- German translation from Bastei Lübbe with the title Amazonen!, translated by Andrea Dorfmüller.
- Italian translation in 1987 from Fanucci with the title Amazzoni ed Eroine. L'heroic fantasy al femminile, translated by Maria Teresa Tenore.
- Norwegian (Bokmål) translation in 1986 from Bok og Magasinforlaget / Bokklubben Nova with the title Amasoner. Paperback, ISBN 9788290387148. The editor's name is incorrectly printed as "Salomonsen" in the cover.
- http://www.worldfantasy.org/awards/1980.html 1980 World Fantasy Award Winners and Nominees