Talk:Book Cover Gallery
I have added new pictures of the Voyager hardcovers that show only front of the book isterad of the whole dustjacket. I felt that the gallery looked better this way. - Qlberts
I wonder if we should split the gallery soon, separate pages for ML and RH books perhaps? It might become very heavy to load otherwise. We could also perhaps use series' titles as headers, making navigating the page easier?
Can someone from the UK and the US look at the Tawny Man covers, please? I'm not sure if all of them are real, actual covers, or whether some of them are just variations that have been up on sites before the books came out. This happened with Renegade's Magic, for example... the picture that was at Robin's official site was slightly different from the actual one that came out. Mervi 23:15, 10 September 2007 (EEST)
I can vouch for the US covers. I know they are real. ChriSchaeffer 02:51, 11 September 2007 (EEST)
- Thanks! Do you have any idea what is the difference between the US covers for the Golden Fool - is one a hardback and the other a paperback or something? Mervi 02:58, 11 September 2007 (EEST)
- That's the only one I was questioning. I know the red cover IS the paperback, but I'm not sure about the other one. Amazon.com says that it is the hardcover, but I have never seen a Golden Fool hardcover in real life. ChriSchaeffer 03:43, 12 September 2007 (EEST)
what is still missing
Right now I know the Hobb gallery is missing AT LEAST the following covers, please see if you can help!
- Farseers and Tawny Men at least have been published (by "Radomir Suchanek"?) - http://www.fantasya.cz/zbozi/vyprava-k-bohum might be a good starting point
- the older set of Liveship traders is missing entirely. At least some of it was published by "Pr√≥szy≈Ñski i S-ka" - so is the last part of Fool's Fate (cover probably looks very similar to first part)
- I'm not entirely sure which one we have here labelled "China". I know the publishers are "Fantasy Foundation Publication" for Taiwan and "Shantou University Press" for China, can someone figure this out? - China (?) FF part 1 is missing
- at least the Farseer and the LST have been published (by "Astrolog"?)
- I have on my computer covers for Farseer, LST and the first Tawny Man books. They seem to be by "Anubis" but Hobb's site mentions "Compupress" so I need to do more research. No FF published yet?
- Farseer Trilogy by "Ithaku" at least
- Farseer by "Fanucci"
- at least Farseers and LST are popping up everywhere so these should be easy to add. At least one publisher is "La Factoria de Ideas"
- I know there are more covers in the "pink series" but I haven't been able to find decent pictures yet - the other part of Harpy's Flight/Windsingers is missing, and I don't know which one it is :D
- I have the French omnibus editions on my computer, I just haven't figured out which way to post them yet. I also have some magazine covers thanks to SerpentBlanc that I'll add later - anything else that is "missing" from the French editions has not been published yet
- It appears that two Ship of Magic covers are missing? - otherwise I *think* we have it pretty much covered except for some omnibus editions I'll add later
ARCs - I found some images of older ARCs, will add them later
Feel free to add more images or leave a note here if you've found one but don't know how to add it. Any missing/incorrect information? -- Mervi 21:06, 16 November 2007 (EET)
Problem with some thumbnails not loading
As you might have noticed, some of the thumbnails in the gallery aren't showing although the coding is correct and the files exist if you click on the broken images. This is a known bug in the script, and I'm working on getting around it. -- Mervi 00:21, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Split it again?
The gallery is really becoming too long and slow to load (and hard to edit, even if you choose to edit a sub-section and not the whole page). Maybe we should split the Elderlings stories for their own page for now, and leave Soldier Son, anthologies and other writings here? I think that when we get more of the translations listed we will eventually have to split it AGAIN by trilogies. Any other suggestions? -- Mervi 23:56, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea to me. --Sini 11:05, 18 September 2009 (UTC)