Bones for Dulath
Bones for Dulath was the first Ki and Vandien story to be published. It was also the first Megan Lindholm story published in a commercial venue.  Chronologically it takes place between the novels The Limbreth Gate and Luck of the Wheels.
- first appeared in the anthology Amazons! in 1979
- reprinted in the anthology Magical Beginnings in 2003
- Dutch translation Beenderen voor Dulath in 1982, in a Dutch translation of Amazons! by Gradivus SF with the title Amazone (cover and spine title) or Amazones (title page). ISBN 9063175639 (paperback), translated by Rie Neehus.
- German translation In der Grube in a German translation of Amazons! Amazonen-Geschichten, translated by Andrea Dorfmüller.
- Italian translation Ossa per Dulath, in 1987 in an Italian translation of Amazons! Amazzoni ed Eroine. L'heroic fantasy al femminile, translated by Maria Teresa Tenore.
- Norwegian (Bokmål) translation (title?) in 1986 in a Norwegian translation of Amazons! Amasoner.
- http://www.sffworld.com/2005/07/scifiint_163/ SFF World Interview with Robin Hobb July 21st, 2005